Saturday, July 11, 2009

7/11

Today, 7/11, is free Slurpee day at 7-eleven. Last year on this date I drove down here, stopping to get a slurpee before I left, with a car load of clothes and PT books. Unfortunately, this state does not do convenience stores justice. At least this part of the state doesn't. No 7-eleven's around here. All the convenience stores are the small, shady ones connected with cheap gas stations. You know, the kind where you would never ever dare to use the restroom even if you had the runs because you know you'll easily get a communicable disease just from touching the door knob? So, that means no free Slurpee's for me today. Everyone down here just tells me to get an Icee. Seriously? There is no comparison to a Slurpee. So, someone out there, please have a cold one on me. A Slurpee that is. Cola or Mt dew are the best.

No comments: