Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Job

Did I mention I got a new job?  I have been moping around the past two months with "nothing to do." That all changes this week.

I will be working weekends (Fri - Sun) in San Clemente, CA.  I get every 7th Sat-Sun off.  And I get paid more to work on the weekend.  I also have the opportunity to pick up shifts during the week.  This means we will be staying in SoCal for an undefined amount of time.  I will have 3-4 days off during the week to play and explore and every other month or so, I will get 6 days off in a row. I am excited because The Best Man and I will still be able to explore, but will be forced to stay put and save up money to one day buy a home.

One of the things I am most excited about is getting a bigger apartment with our own furniture.  I haven't had my own furniture since leaving Greenville, SC in 2010.  I am excited to get a few nice pieces and a few fixer-uppers.  Something else to be excited about is the weather. It can get cold at night (think 30's), but really it's not that bad while the sun is up.  I can't wait to experience summer here this year!

A special shout out to The Crazy Cat Lady for giving me a stellar reference! You are greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

No charge. I am so excited to see the new furniture! I remember how excited I was to go furniture shopping when I landed permanently in VA... so fun!

Unknown said...

Riding out the lease here until the end of May...if we can last that long. Then hopefully getting an unfurnished place to decorate!