Sunday, September 7, 2008

Addiction

I know I have a problem. And I'm trying to stop. I really am. Part of me knows that buying 6 pairs of shoes in the 2 months I've lived here is obscene. But honestly, I needed 5 of the 6 pairs. I've been seeing girls in cute sandals all summer, so I got a pair to celebrate being done with boards. Plus, they were only 10 dollars. Then, I needed new running shoes. That's valid, right? Well, they were having a buy one get one half off sale. So, I got a pair of Sperrys. I needed those, too. I mean, I can't live in South Carolina and not have a pair of tan Sperrys. The blue pair I got last summer doesn't work with a lot of outfits. Pair number four was a pair of brown moccasins. I have been wanting some since last fall and I don't have a single pair of brown shoes. They were a necessary asset to my wardrobe. Today, I bought two pairs of shoes. Both purple. They are completely different shades of course. Obviously it would not have been practical to have two pairs of shoes the same color purple. It's not like I have any other pairs of purple shoes (well, unless you count flip flops, but those are only $3 from Old Navy). Three pairs of purple shoes would just be too much. Don't you agree? I have bought more than just shoes, but I won't bore you with more details. I have lost 15 pounds since this time last year, so its all needed. Plus, I got rid of a lot of clothes over the last year over the biggest of 5 moves. It also doesn't help when a friend of mine down here says she won't wear something around the same people/person for a year or so. I can't wear the same 5 tops every week. Enough of excuses. The plan is to save up for furniture and student loans. I'm not going to buy any more clothes this month. Well, at least not until I get to San Francisco later this week. . .

1 comment:

WanderingGirl said...

You're a girl after my own heart! OF COURSE you need two different pairs of purpose shoes! I have two, myself. :)