Tuesday, February 19, 2013

This is my weekend

It has been hard adjusting to working on the weekend. Mainly because everyone else in the world seems to work 9-5 Monday through Friday.  The Best Man and I have gotten into the bad habit of translating my work days into the corresponding day for the rest of you.  So when I have just finished my 2nd day of work and have two more days to go, that's my Wednesday even though it's Friday. When I finish my last of 4 days of work, that's my Friday even though it's Sunday.

This gets quiet confusing when I have appointments and things to do during the week. I may be calling it Wednesday, but it's really Friday and that means I have Fun Friday at yoga.  I'm getting confused just thinking about it.

I'm trying to get out of the habit of making my work fit around everyone else's schedule and lingo. I'm trying to get The Best Man to do the same. The hard thing is waking up on Friday morning to see all the TGIF posts on the web and knowing I have to get through a few more days until "my weekend." But, on the other hand, it's also nice to finish work on Sunday and read the web to see everyone is dreading going back to work.

Yesterday I spent the day lounging in the sun overlooking the beach, shopping online and drinking champagne brought to me by my waiter...I mean The Best Man. I also did a quick work out that I found on Pinterest from The Today Show.

Today, it's dreary again, so I'm glad I got some sun yesterday (though it was too much sun and now I'm itchy and red).

No comments: